Monday, April 2, 2007

SENSATIONAL SUPPERS

...sold. I checked out the website first, of course, before committing. I'm pretty conscience of food, buying, preparing, etc. and I like to save money and cook, but being a parent of two gets a bit harry around the witching hour (4:30-5:00pm), so this might be a solution afterall. I signed up and carpooled down to West 4th. Cooler in one hand to store the meals and a Starbucks in the other. Myself and 15 other Moms descended upon Sensational Suppers. What a riot! Basically, the ingredients are laid out for you, the recipe is in front of you, the portions are measured and you put it into either a ziploc for freezing or a tin foil container depending on the item. Each meal feeds 4-6people, so you can split the mean into 2 or have leftovers and each meal also comes with either a rice, a pasta, or vegetables. It's brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Once you get home, you freeze the meals with the cooking instructions (very simply laid out for you) and you're off to the races. No prep, no mess, no eating out the same foods each week (you know the typical - "what do you want to order hon?" "sushi, chinese, or indian?" always the same. Anyways, the last two weeks I've experienced some tastes I've never had and my husband is up next to go, he's planning a night out with the boys. Best of all, you can bring your own beer and/or wine to drink and they have very lovely massage chairs, coffee, tea and water. SO, check them out and I'll keep you posted what night my husband will be going. Bon appetite!

Visit us online at:
Sensational Suppers

No comments: